Summer is great – Sunshine, dinners al fresco, fewer clothes, and more skin!
We want our summer skin to be smooth, even in colour, and great looking. Instead, we often end up with, uneven tan lines, and sun damage.
To avoid any summer mishaps, and get skin that’s worth showing off, follow these 5 skin essentials:
- Stay safe in the sun. Use a high quality SPF on your face, neck, chest, arms, and hands daily. A lot of women avoid this step but SPF is the absolute best anti ager you can have!
- Lighten the layers. When applying your make up base, stick to lighter formulas than you would use in the winter. They will look better on your skin and won’t clog pores in the heat. Products such as BB and CC Creams and tinted moisturisers with SPF are perfect for this time of year!
- Cover with concealer. If you have dark circles under the eye or any blemishes, use a high quality and lightweight concealer to cover these areas rather than heavy formulas. They will even out the skin tone and ensure your skin stay fresh, dewy and youthful looking. I love the AYU Instant Undereye concealer for this.
- Warm your face. Bronzer is a must this time of year. It gives us that beautiful sunkissed glow. Apply in a sweeping motions across the cheeks, on the bridge of the nose and sides of your forehead for the most natural glow. Chanel Bronze Universal Soleil de Tan is a beautiful mousse to powder formula that will suit all skin tones, is super easy to apply and won’t look heavy. Perfect for our skin as we get older. This product is best applied with the AYU Angle Blush/Contour brush.
- Finish with a beautiful & youthful radiant glow. Fresh, dewy skin is the key to the perfect summer look. Enhance your natural radiance with the AYU Radiant Skin Cream, a smooth pink pearl cream that will give you a skin smoothing, youthful radiance that will have you looking like you just stepped off the plane from the French Riviera!